With the terminology “extra virgin olive oil” or “EVO oil”, we mean the product obtained by pressing olives. It is even the Italian legislation to specify the plant of origin of these fruits, namely the Olea europea Leccino, commonly known as olive tree.
Among the pillars of the Mediterranean diet, it is the most used lipid: it is not only due to its incredible taste, but also to its characteristics. As a matter of fact, extra virgin olive oil can be widely used in cooking (thanks to its smoke point) as well as raw to dress salads, vegetables and everything we prefer.
What are the advantages of consuming extra virgin olive oil on a daily basis? Numerous, of course. Today, we at Olio Basso will show you the four most important ones.
- It helps to protect us: the evo oil is a great ally for our health! Among the main benefits it brings to our body, we cannot fail to mention the ability to counteract the development of cardiovascular and metabolic disorders (such as diabetes), thanks to the presence of monounsaturated fats. Moreover, it acts as a liver protector and reduces cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Prevents aging: thanks to the high content of antioxidants such as Vitamin E and polyphenols, extra virgin oil fights cellular oxidation caused by free radicals, delaying the aging of the cells of our body.
- Helps digestion: intestinal diseases can improve with a constant consumption of extra virgin olive oil. Having a good digestibility and reducing the secretion of gastric juices, our intestine will benefit greatly.
- It can be consumed at any age: the greatness of this product also lies in its ability to be consumed by young and old. It is, in fact, perfect for the first meals because it provides essential nutrients for growth.
- Try the Basso EVO Oil
- Would you like to try a truly genuine product? Discover the Extra Virgin Olive Oil 100% Italian produced by Olio Basso. Only selected raw materials from the Italian territory.